→ Our annual Chapter Celebration is this Thursday, June 21, 2012. This is a must-attend event that you are guaranteed to enjoy, whether it’s the great food, marvelous speaker (Helen Popper, author “California Native Gardening: A Month-by-Month Guide”), bird walk, silent auction and more! We look forward to seeing you there.
- 5:30 Bird Walk in the Duck Ponds with Rich Schilk. Bring your binoculars or just stroll with the group.
- 5:30 Bring your donated items for the silent auction or opportunity drawing by 6pm. Questions? Contact Kathy Glendinning.
- 5:30 Help with setup welcome. Contact Laura Camp.
- 6:30 Silent Auction commences, Opportunity drawing ticket purchase and item selection.
- 6:30 Light appetizers served.
- 6:30 Slideshow of Chapter activities for 2011-2012.
- 7:30 Main Program.
- 8:30 Opportunity drawing, followed by book signing.
- More Details here
→ Conservation Alert: please contact elected officials regarding the important El Toro wildlife corridor – More Details Here.
→ We are very pleased to announce a CNPS Rare Vegetation Sampling & Mapping Workshop will take place in our backyard, at Audubon Starr Ranch. The two-day program is for CNPS members and citizen scientists. Deborah Stout from the CNPS Vegetation program will lead the training, which is very reasonably priced. Overnight camping available and registration is limited. More information and sign up here.